If you or a loved one has been injured in an Uber accident in North Mississippi, turn to Chatham Gilder Howell Pittman, . Our practice is dedicated to protecting the rights of car accident victims and helping them obtain just compensation.
When you consult with us, we will take the time to listen to your concerns and explore all the legal options available to you. We understand the complicated insurance rules involved in Uber accidents and know how to fight back against the tactics insurers use to deny injury claims.
Rest assured, your case will be handled by a knowledgeable Uber accident attorney who will work tirelessly to protect your rights. Our firm handles all personal injury claims on a contingency basis, which means you pay nothing to us until we recover for you. Contact our office today to set up an appointment.
Factors Involved in Uber Accidents
Many people know that Uber is the largest rideshare company in Mississippi and around the country. What they may not know is that Uber accidents are becoming increasingly common.
Some of the factors contributing to Uber accidents include:
- Uber only requires drivers to be licensed for 1 year before hire, which means they may be inexperienced drivers
- Uber drivers typically work long shifts, which makes them more susceptible to drowsy driving than other motorists
- Uber drivers constantly use GPS navigation and smartphones, which increases the risk of distracted driving
No matter what caused the Uber accident that led to your injuries, we will provide you with compassionate, skilled representation and handle your claim professionally and expediently. We have decades of experience handling personal injury claims and a demonstrated track record of achieving positive results for our clients.
Determining Liability in an Uber Accident
Uber accident claims are typically resolved through settlement negotiations with an insurance company; however, coverage depends on the status of the Uber driver when the accident occurred:
- Was the driver logged onto the rideshare app?
- Was the driver traveling to retrieve the passenger?
- Was the driver taking the passenger to their destination?
If the rideshare app is off, then the Uber driver’s automobile liability insurance will be the primary source of coverage. All drivers in Mississippi must carry minimum amounts of liability insurance:
- $25,000 liability coverage for bodily injury or death of one person
- $50,000 liability coverage for total bodily injury or death
- $25,000 liability coverage for property damage per accident
When the app is on, but the Uber driver is waiting to be connected with a passenger, the driver must carry additional liability insurance in the following amounts:
- $50,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person
- $100,000 of bodily injury liability coverage per accident
- $25,000 of property damage liability coverage per accident
Uber also provides additional liability coverage of $200,000 during this period. Finally, when an Uber driver is traveling to retrieve a passenger or transporting a passenger, Uber provides $1 million in automobile insurance, which is the primary source of coverage.
Despite these insurance requirements, obtaining the full value of your claim can be challenging. For this reason, it is essential to work with an experienced ridesharing accident lawyer.
How We Can Help
Whether you were injured as an Uber passenger, your vehicle was hit by an Uber driver, or you have been injured in a pedestrian accident involving an Uber vehicle, we will handle all the details of your claim so you can focus on healing. Our legal team will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation
- Interview any witnesses, including the Uber driver
- Collect medical evidence documenting your injuries
- Negotiate a fair and just settlement with the insurance company
If the insurance company fails to honor your claim, our trial lawyers are fully prepared to litigate to achieve the best possible outcome. Although you may be reluctant to file a lawsuit, you deserve to be compensated for the harm you have endured. You can trust us to fight for your rights in and out of the courtroom.
How Much Is My Uber Accident Claim Worth?
Depending on the circumstances, you may be awarded economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Medical expenses and rehabilitative costs
- Present and future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability/disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If you have lost a loved one in an Uber accident, our wrongful death attorneys will stand by you during this difficult time and help you obtain compensation for final medical expenses and other losses.
Uber provides affordable, reliable transportation to residents of Mississippi, but Uber accidents can result in serious injuries. If you have been injured in an Uber accident, don’t go it alone. Contact us today for a free evaluation of your case.
Chatham Gilder Howell Pittman helps those who have been injured in an Uber Accident throughout Northern Mississippi including the cities of Southaven and Hernando as well as the counties of DeSoto, Marshall, Tate, and Tunica.