Steven W. Pittman was admitted to the Mississippi and Tennessee Bars in 1995. Mr. Pittman is admitted to practice in all courts in Mississippi and Tennessee including Federal Court, the Fifth and Sixth Circuit Courts of Appeal, and the Federal District Court for Eastern Arkansas. Mr. Pittman’s areas of practice include personal injury, criminal defense, medical malpractice, and product liability. Mr. Pittman began the first 6 years of his practice at the law offices of and under the personal guidance of the renowned attorney L. Anthony “Tony” Deal in Memphis, Tennessee. Mr. Pittman opened his own firm In Memphis, Tennessee in 2001 before eventually merging his firm and partnering with his father-in law, Gerald W. Chatham, Sr. in Hernando, Mississippi in 2005. Upon Mr. Chatham’s departure from the firm to serve a Circuit Court Judge for the 17th Judicial District in North Mississippi, Mr. Pittman continued the Chatham legacy becoming senior partner working with the up and coming Charles “Nick” Smith as associate and junior partner. Mr. Pittman has been successful in obtaining settlements on behalf of his clients in excess of one million dollars on multiple occasions.
Mr. Pittman was born on June 15, 1967 in Greenville, Mississippi. He and his wife, Camille Chatham Pittman, have three daughters, Amelia, Meriwether, and Eloise. Mr. Pittman is a member of Hernando United Methodist Church. Mr. Pittman has served on the board of directors of various non-profit organizations benefitting North Mississippi and is a founder of the Friend’s of the Von Theater and Front Porch Jubilee in Hernando. Mr. Pittman enjoys hunting, golf, playing and writing music, Mississippi State Football, Baseball and Women’s Basketball and spending time with his family at home in Hernando.
Contact Steven W. Pittman today to schedule your free consultation.
- Tennessee, 1995
- Mississippi, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
- J.D. – 1994
- Mississippi State University
- B.A. – 1989
Honors and Awards
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Super Lawyers 2015, 2016, 2020
- Mid-South Super Lawyers for 2020 in the area of Personal Injury – Plaintiff
- Top Lawyer Lifetime Achievement Award Who’s Who
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Invitation
- 10 Best (Mississippi) Category American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- DeSoto County Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- Mississippi Association for Justice (MAJ), Member
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association