Southaven & Hernando Passenger Injury Lawyer

woman fastening seat belt in the car,passenger injury

Car accident claims can be highly complicated, especially if you or a loved one was a passenger traveling with a motorist who was allegedly at fault. You may be tempted to try to cover expenses out of your own pocket in an effort to avoid filing a claim against someone you know.

Unfortunately, even minor injuries can add up to thousands of dollars in medical bills. And if injuries are catastrophic or disabling in nature, medical expenses could reach the hundreds of thousands — if not millions — of dollars when everything is all said and done.

Decades of Experience Handling Passenger Injury Claims

Whether you live in North Mississippi, you can trust the service you get from the attorneys at our firm because we have decades of experience handling all manner of car accident claims.

We are highly sensitive to the personal elements that can create an added layer of complexity to any injury or wrongful death claim. Our legal team is committed to helping you secure the compensation you are entitled to without straining the relationship you have with the driver allegedly responsible.

We have a strong track record of securing compensation outside of litigation. We can walk you through our approach to resolving your claim without creating conflict.

If I Was a Passenger in a Car Accident, How Will I Cover My Bills?

If you were the passenger in a car when an accident occurred, you should not be responsible to pay for your medical expenses and other related bills out of your own pocket. You had no control over the accident and should not be penalized for it.

The expenses you have incurred from the car accident will be covered by the at-fault party’s insurance, although, typically it will only be paid after treatment has been completed and the case has been resolved. This would be the case, even if the driver of the car you were in is allegedly responsible. However, establishing liability can be highly complicated if both drivers are partially responsible.

For example, one motorist may have failed to signal, while the other driver may have run a red light. One driver may be considered 75 percent responsible, while the other driver could be 25 percent at-fault. Our job is to make sure any related expenses are covered appropriately based on the parties responsible for causing the collision.

Holding Manufacturers Responsible for Vehicle Defects

As part of our investigation, we may determine if another party beyond the drivers should be held liable. For example, a tire blowout, a design defect, or a faulty seat belt or airbag may have contributed to the seriousness of the accident. We have the skills and legal resources to hold manufacturers and any other third parties responsible for the collision.

Our legal team will take every measure possible to help you secure the compensation you are entitled to for your lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering.

When Experience Matters — Talk to Us

Don’t let the fact that you know the other driver caused you to hesitate to file an injury claim. You may be entitled to compensation. To make sure you’re taking the right steps after a crash, contact Chatham Gilder Howell Pittman, to schedule a free initial consultation.

Contact us today for your initial consultation. You don’t pay fees until we recover damages for you.

Chatham Gilder Howell Pittman helps those who have been injured as a passenger throughout Northern Mississippi including the cities of Southaven and Hernando as well as the counties of DeSoto, Marshall, Tate, and Tunica.