Uber and Lyft provide people with a convenient way to get around North Mississippi, but ridesharing accidents often result in injuries to passengers, other drivers, and pedestrians. Because of the complicated insurance rules governing rideshare services, it is crucial to work with a knowledgeable ridesharing accident attorney.
At Chatham Gilder Howell Pittman,, we are highly experienced in handling ridesharing accident cases. We have the skills and resources to get you just compensation to cover your medical expenses and other losses.
When you work with us, your case will be personally handled by an attorney with a proven history of success in ridesharing accident claims. Contact our office today for a free consultation. There is never a fee until we recover for you.
Factors Involved in Ridesharing Accidents
Ridesharing services have become a popular alternative to public transportation because they provide a safe and convenient way for people to travel, but more rideshare vehicles on the road increase the risk of accidents. Factors contributing to rideshare accidents include:
- Rideshare companies conduct limited background checks and only required drivers to be licensed for one year
- Rideshare drivers typically work long hours, which increases the risk of drowsy driving
- Rideshare drivers often travel in unfamiliar areas and use their smartphones to connect with passengers, which can lead to distracted driving
Rideshare drivers, like all drivers in Mississippi, have a duty of care to operate their vehicles safely and avoid causing injuries to others. We know how to hold negligent rideshare drivers and their employers accountable and will fight to protect your rights.
Understanding Liability in a Ridesharing Accident
Our car accident attorneys understand the complicated insurance rules involved in ridesharing accidents. For example, if you were injured in a collision with a rideshare vehicle while the ridesharing app is off, the driver’s auto liability insurance will be your primary source of coverage.
Any time the rideshare app is on, however, the ridesharing company must provide $1 million in liability coverage. If the rideshare driver hits your vehicle during this period or you are injured as a passenger in a rideshare vehicle, you can file a claim on the company’s policy.
Unfortunately, insurers have an unfair advantage over injury victims and rely on the complicated language in insurance policies to deny claims. Whether you were the passenger in a rideshare vehicle or a pedestrian or the occupant of another vehicle that was hit by a rideshare driver, we can help you fight back and get the compensation you need and deserve.
Why You Need A Ridesharing Accident Attorney
Going up against powerful tech companies like Uber and Lyft and their insurers can be challenging. The best way to protect your rights is to have the informed legal representation we provide. Our legal team will:
- Investigate and photograph the accident site
- Review the police report
- Obtain and review the rideshare company’s accident report
- Subpoena the rideshare driver’s smartphone and GPS data
- Collect medical records documenting your injuries
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company and their attorneys
If the insurance company fails to honor your claim, we will take them to court. While you may have concerns about filing a lawsuit, we will guide you through the process and see to it that you are treated fairly.
Damages We Will Fight For
You can depend on us to help you obtain just compensation. While no two ridesharing accident claims are the same, you may be able to recover economic and non-economic damages, such as
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitative costs
- Lost wages – present and future
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability/disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If you have lost a loved one in a ridesharing accident, we can assist you in filing a wrongful death lawsuit to obtain compensation for final medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, and other losses. No amount of money can replace a life, but you deserve justice and the resources to secure your financial future.
What To Do After A Ridesharing Accident
There are several steps you should take in you are involved in a ridesharing accident:
- Take pictures of the accident scene, including damage to the vehicles
- Collect information from the rideshare driver and any other drivers involved in the accident
- Seek immediate medical attention if you have been injured
- Don’t sign any documents or give an official statement to the insurer before calling an attorney
At Chatham Gilder Howell Pittman, we are committed to holding rideshare companies and their drivers accountable for accidents that result in injuries. When you become our client, we will provide with you compassionate, skilled representation and stand by you every step of the way. Contact our office today so we can start working on your claim.
Chatham Gilder Howell Pittman helps those who have been injured in a ridesharing accident throughout Northern Mississippi including the cities of Southaven and Hernando as well as the counties of DeSoto, Marshall, Tate, and Tunica.