The holiday season is a magical time of year, but it’s not without dangers. Each year, thousands of young children are injured by unsafe, hazardous, or defective toys and products. December is the biggest toy-giving month in the U.S., and it’s also considered National Safe Toys and Gifts Month.
How To Choose Safe Toys
Here are some ways that you can pick out the safest toys for the children in your life this holiday season and all year round:
- Check for labels that say the product is nontoxic
- Avoid toys with small parts that can be a choking risk
- Give the proper safety gear with gifts, such as helmets
- Choose toys that match the child’s age and skill level
- Inspect all toys before for broken parts and sharp ends
- Choose toys that have been inspected by the American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM)
If your child is, in fact, injured this holiday season by a hazardous or defective toy, your family may have legal rights to compensation. Contact Chatham Gilder Howell Pittman at (662) 222-0597 to speak with our legal team for free today.