Broken bones are painful and costly, and the recovery period can be lengthy. When a broken bone injury is caused by someone else’s negligence, victims have a right to take legal action. This is where Chatham Gilder Howell Pittman, comes in.
Our legal practice is dedicated to protecting the rights of injury victims throughout North Mississippi. If you or a loved one has suffered a bone fracture, we will provide you with powerful representation and dependable service.
When you become our client, your case will be handled by an experienced catastrophic injury attorney who will listen to your concerns and fight for your rights. We handle all personal injury claims on a contingency basis, which means there is never a fee until we obtain compensation for you. Contact our office now for a free consultation.
Representing Victims of Broken Bone Injuries in North Mississippi
Our firm has extensive experience handling broken bone injury claims related to all types of accidents, including:
- Bicycle accidents – Bicyclists in Mississippi are required to follow traffic laws, however, drivers must look out for bicyclists and avoid causing them injuries
- Car accidents – Car accidents are a common cause of broken bone injuries; high-impact collisions can result in catastrophic crushed bone injuries
- Construction accidents – Falls and other accidents at construction sites can result in broken arms, wrists, fingers, legs, ankles, and other bone fractures
- Pedestrian accidents – All drivers in the state have a duty of care to operate their vehicles in a safe manner, however, pedestrian accidents are common, often resulting in severely broken bones
- Slip and fall accidents – Slips and falls caused by wet surfaces, raised sidewalks, broken steps, loose handrails, and other hazards on personal, commercial, and public property often result in broken bones in the hands, wrists, shoulders, and legs.
- Truck accidents – Commercial truck and tractor-trailers accidents often result in multiple fractures and crushed bones for occupants of smaller vehicles
No matter which type of accident caused your broken bone injury, we can help. You can trust our relentless personal injury lawyers to fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Types of Broken Bone Injuries
Common types of broken bone injuries include:
- Hairline fracture – A small crack or deep bone bruise that may go undetected in an X-ray
- Simple fracture – A type of fracture in which the bone does not pierce the skin
- Compound fracture – A bone breaks or splinters and pushes through the skin, often requiring surgery
- Avulsion fracture – A piece of the bone separates or pulls away from a tendon or ligament
- Buckle Fracture – A bone that severely bends or “buckles” but does break entirely
- Transverse Fracture – A fracture that occurs across the surface of the bone surface, snapping into two pieces
- Comminuted Fracture – A bone that is crushed or broken into multiple pieces, which is common in car accidents
Minor bone breaks typically heal quickly, but serious broken bone injuries may require surgery and rehabilitative care. Individuals who suffer comminuted fractures may never regain complete mobility or use of the damaged body part.
How Our Firm Can Help
If you have sustained a broken bone injury that was caused by the negligent, reckless, or intentional conduct of another party, you probably have concerns about paying the medical bills, recovering your lost wages, and supporting yourself and your family.
Remember, we are here to help. Let us handle all the details of your claim so you can focus on healing. Our legal team will investigate the accident site, obtain medical evidence that supports your claim, and work to hold the responsible party accountable. Above all, we will fight to help you obtain all the compensation you deserve.
In a successful claim, you may be entitled to compensation that includes economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages cover your actual financial losses, such as present and future lost wages, medical expenses, and rehabilitative costs, while non-economic damages are intended to compensate you for intangible losses like pain and suffering, permanent disability, and disfigurement.
If the responsible party’s conduct was egregious or illegal (e.g. drunk driving), you may even be awarded punitive damages. These damages are intended to punish that party’s misconduct and deter others from taking part in similar behavior.
While most broken bone injury claims can be settled through negotiations, our trial lawyers are fully prepared to litigate if necessary. We have the skills and resources to win you just compensation in and out of the courtroom.
At Chatham Gilder Howell Pittman, we have a demonstrated track record of success in broken bone injury claims. Our firm has been serving the community with dignity and compassion for nearly 100 years, and we will handle your case with the personal attention it deserves. Contact us today to get started.
Chatham Gilder Howell Pittman helps those who have suffered from a broken bone injury throughout Northern Mississippi including the cities of Southaven and Hernando as well as the counties of DeSoto, Marshall, Tate, and Tunica.